Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 7 #16 Wiki

I am catching up with my ihcpl assignment.

Wiki is a kind of website that people are working together to develop and update the content. It's a nice team work that let participants contribute without helping of IT people.

I see my daughter using Wikipedia all the time. I thought Wikipedia just anther popular free Internet encyclopedia. Now I know Wikipedia is a multilingual, web-based, free content encyclopedia project written collaboratively by volunteers from all around the world.. When I was reading about Wikipedia, my first question was how reliable the information is if anyone can change the content of the encyclopedia. After I read "Strengths, weaknesses, and article quality in Wikipedia", I am kind of understanding how it works. It's interesting.

No comments: